Tuesday, June 21, 2005

i spend a great deal of time concerning myself with negative things.i search...



From MAMA GONNA GO OUT IN STYLE:

i spend a great deal of time concerning myself with negative things.

i search high and low for a substitute for "things", but nothing comes to me. my few dabbles in college english courses taught me to replace "things". you know, highschool may have as well. but i don't remember much from highschool. it also taught me not to use "but" or "and" at the beginning of a sentence. well guys, i'm pretty much a rebel. without a cause, that is.

though i know replacing "things" with another word is not exactly what was meant, i don't like to re word my way of thinking. this is the bad english i was taught. this is the way thoughts process in here. genuinely.

"things" fits. "things" are futile, inconsequential... sometimes just accidental. "things" are exactly what should concern me least, but realistically what concerns me most.

so here i have comprised a list of "things". non-negative
"things" i have concern, love, and appreciation for:


o ninja turtles
o apple crisp rice cakes
o mascara that is not waterproof
o old friends that tell the tale of who i am. really.
o the scent of leather boots filling my dad's closet.
o the south.
o the center of my chest where bones are beginning to show.
o the downstairs area of my apartment.
o making up songs in the shower/car/head. and they're beautiful, let me tell you.
o yawning and sneezing. not necessarily simultaneously.
o swimming at night, when no one is around.
o gut laughter that gives a feeling of being exposed. the kind of laughter that makes you let your guard down.
o chips and salsa.
o cultural differences.
o language and my ill use of it.
o the thought of ice cream cone figures as earrings.
o daydreaming about a trip through bolivia, peru, and argentina.
o restrictive movements at night as i'm lodged between cody and my puppy, bastian. i just can't bring myself to disturb their sleep, no matter how uncomfortable i may be.
o shoes. oh shoes.
o gray weather. storms. cold rain that makes your teeth chatter.
o sundays filled with absolutely nothing but lying in bed watching dvds.
o cooking hearty, spicy meals.
o my reclusive nature.
o rooms with solid white walls.
o my thesaurus (which has still not let me properly replace "things").
o playing scrabble with brittnee. it's easy to win, because through these scrabble games, we realized that she is dyslexic. no joke. i win everytime.
o ocean ocean ocean.
o blue coconut snocones.
o fond memories of my completely yellow, childhood room.
o the acute scent of your hair, still lingering.
o sharp cheddar cheese. to the extreme.
o camisoles.
o early morning showers.
o croissants and full bellies.
o voices.

YOU SHOULD ADD TO IT.

From MAMA GONNA GO OUT IN STYLE (feed)
See also links to this feed and more from this feed


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home