Monday, April 18, 2005

Friends Awaiting Surgery



From http://www.flickr.com/photos/21855797@N00/9788820/:

interplast posted a photo:


Friends Awaiting Surgery


I am having such an awesome time. Yesterday, I had me some GI, but other than that, the rest of the team and I are just great. When I am in the OR looking at what is going on, Jeff, Pedro, Tom, Paul, Mary, Dawn or anyone else will stop what they are doing to let me know. I frequently ask questions, and I think they are getting used to me bugging them for answers. Since I was sick yesterday all day long they were constantly asking me how I felt and if needed medicine. I really feel that we have become very close.



Translating for the team is a bit hard at times because I dont know very many medical terms in either Spanish or English. But we somehow communicate with the locals, which I must say are very appreciative of our services. One thing that I do get kind of annoyed by is how the locals in the hospital keep calling me "Doctor". I do wear scrubs, so I can understand the confusion, but when possible I tell them that I am not a doctor; just an interpreter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home